10 Great Free Apps for Your Shopify Store
After an initial investment of setting up your business in Shopify, app prices for added functionality can further increase your cost. However, while offering paid plans for upgraded features, many free apps are available to enhance your store, while stretching your marketing budget.
Among the numerous free apps available at the Shopify App Store, here are 10 of the outstanding ones:
- Automizely is an all-in-one marketing tool for welcome emails, newsletters, and abandoned cart emails. It offers an email popup to build your email subscriber list and popups for cart recovery, exiting, and upselling. There are over 30 marketing tools, including trust badges, webpush, sales boost, social proof, and shipping bar.
- Free Shipping Bar is a free-shipping bar app that allows shoppers to see shipping information prior to going through checkout. It also keeps track of cart values, such as a minimum purchase goal for free shipping. Besides the free basic plan, an upgraded paid plan is available.
- Keep Cart is an app that remembers customers' shopping cart contents across their multiple devices, reducing the likelihood of abandoned carts.
- Oberlo is a drop-shipping app that allows you to find products on AliExpress. With a simple click, you can import these products to sell at your Shopify store and process your customers' orders through the app. Besides their free plan, they offer paid plans with upgrades.
- POWR Facebook Chat | Messenger is an app for live Facebook chat via Messenger, providing your Shopify site with a web chat window to answer customers' product questions. Besides a free plan, there are paid plans offering upgrades.
- Product Reviews is an app that lets you add customers' SEO search-friendly ratings and product reviews to your products. While this will encourage prospective purchasers to buy, it will also allow your current customers another way to interact with your business.
- Sales Countdown Timer Bar 2.0 is a countdown timer app that presents a sense of urgency for shoppers to buy, and to boost sales. The app may be used for special limited-time offers, such as flash sales, seasonal sales, free shipping, and more. There are two levels of paid plans, but a free plan is available that allows just a single timer for your first product or a specific page.
- Sales Notification is a sales conversion notification app that helps increase your Shopify store's sales through notifications. You can encourage shoppers to purchase through product review and urgency notification settings. In addition to a free plan, there's a paid plan with additional features.
- Smile Rewards & Loyalty is a loyalty app for points and referrals. Customers can earn points for various events, such as creating an account, making an order, leaving a review, and celebrating a birthday. The points can be redeemed for free items including shipping, or for coupon codes. Besides a free basic plan, there are three levels of paid plans.
- Thank You Email Marketing Tool is an app for sending automated thank-you emails to customers who subscribe or make a purchase. Emails can be directed to new customers, new orders, fulfilled orders, or newsletter subscribers. Their free plan offers 100 emails plus a bonus 30 for sending test emails, and a paid plan offering 3,000 emails per month plus a bonus 30 for sending test emails.
Shopify's apps can greatly enhance the functionality of your eCommerce store, making many tasks not as time-consuming. But, as with the usage of apps on any electronic platform, the more new apps you install without regularly purging old ones you rarely use, the more chance your system might develop problems. Such as a new app not being compatible with another installed app. Or a reduction of your website's speed, especially when multiple apps perform duplicate functions. Outdated or obsolete apps might not merely cause conflicts or slow down your site but make its security more vulnerable.
The best free apps for your store are only those that meet your eCommerce store's needs. A search at the Shopify App Store can display a wide selection of available apps with features you need to turn your Shopify store into a highly successful business.
Let's bring the spotlight to your business today.
From brainstorming to implementation, AnoLogix has successfully designed, created, developed and implemented websites for people and businesses since 2000.
With AnoLogix your business can skyrocket. Do you want to learn how we can help?