10 Useful Tools For Analyzing Your Competitor's Website
One of the inevitable challenges in running a business, whether your business is large or small, is competition. So how do you surmount this opposition and shine above the rest?
Many factors are involved in developing and maintaining a successful company. The product itself and how well you distribute and market it are all necessary factors. In addition, your perseverance and faith in your company, combined with a perfect team, are equally critical to its success. But beyond this, researching your competitor's online presence will give you an extra edge.
Observing your competitor's campaigns on social media or their price plan might be good ideas, but the best strategy is to study their company's website. The site will reflect a comprehensive picture of their business plan and how successful it has been. You can inspect their website ranking, targeted keywords, highest-rated content, social media activity, and links. With this insight into how your rival works, you can monitor any weaknesses you might have that they, in contrast, have overcome. And learn what steps you should take to replicate their winning strategies.
Various tools and tactics are available for analyzing their site. And to compare with results from your own business site.
- Ahrefs. Helps improve a site's search engine rankings by viewing social metrics, analyzing SEO, and viewing strategies of content marketing. Has low-cost trial and various higher paid plans.
- Alexa. Helps observe the demographics of site visitors. A pioneer in analytics tools, Alexa has extensive regional and demographic results for your competitor's marketing channels. If your competitor's site visitors share the same demographics as your competitor's target audience, it will show their marketing strategies have been successful. Alexa also offers data on keywords driving visitors to the site, regions of site visitors, and the top sites that are referring to your competitor's site. Paid plans are available for more extensive data.
- Datanyze. Besides producing lead generation for your own business, Datanyze also allows you to observe information regarding your competitor. This includes their category of industry, year of establishment, financial data, contact information, and the specific company providing their technology.
- MixRank. Gives information on your competitor's business info, including key leader contact data, the company's marketing channels, and their technology usage. With MixRank, you have the ability to analyze your competition's data while developing your own new leads.
- Moz. Helps improve a site's search engine rankings by observing what SEO is used and its social and content marketing. Has free 30-day trial and various paid plans.
- Quantcast. Helps observe site visitors' demographics and their web engagement behavior in real-time by tracking blogs, websites, widgets, and videos.
- SEMrush. Helps improve a site's search engine rankings. It monitors the strategies of a site's search engine marketing and display advertising. This popular tool is used to check the performance of a site's organic search results. Paid plans are available for more extensive data.
- Similar Web. Helps analyze your competitor's traffic and methods in advertising, such as type of ads, their placement, and user response. Similar Web offers free, though limited, access. Paid plans are available for more thorough data.
- Wayback Machine. If your competitor's site has been archived here, you can see how its appearance has evolved over the years and what gradual improvement changes have been made.
- WhatRunsWhere. Helps you find your competitor's methods in advertising, such as type of digital ads, their placement, and user response. The results are given in real-time and information spans to include past years so you can see how your competitor's keywords and other metrics have evolved.
Analyzing the Data
After you have gathered information on your competitor, first analyze their marketing weaknesses and strengths rather than fully replicate their techniques. This way, you won't copy any of their unsuccessful campaigns and copy their same mistakes.
Let's bring the spotlight to your business today.
From brainstorming to implementation, AnoLogix has successfully designed, created, developed and implemented websites for people and businesses since 2000.
With AnoLogix your business can skyrocket. Do you want to learn how we can help?