CRM Strategies to Help You Improve Customer Experience and Sell More
If you’re a business owner and sell products or services, you probably have a few goals, like selling more on your website, making more money, and keeping these things going forever. In order to accomplish these goals, you need to have an excellent e-commerce customer relationship management strategy. Read on to learn about:
- Why e-commerce CRM strategies are essential,
- Some successful CRM strategies,
- And how to update customer profiles with e-commerce CRM strategies.
Why Do E-commerce Businesses Need a CRM Strategy?
The online world is ever-growing – competition is everywhere, e-commerce is on the rise, and customers have more shopping options than they’ve ever had before. As an online brand, you’re being pulled this way and that when it comes to tools for your sales funnels, marketing campaigns, and customer journey.
So, how do you stay competitive in a growing industry? You’ll find that success lies in creating better connections with your customers, both current and prospective so that your store stands out above the rest for providing the best experiences possible.
If you want to make more money and sell more, you’ll need an e-commerce CRM strategy to take your business to the next level.
E-commerce CRM strategies can help you gather valuable information about your customers, such as:
- What products they’re looking at purchasing,
- What pages they’re visiting,
- What they’re clicking through.
By learning these insights, you have the opportunity to connect with your customers on more personalized levels.
E-commerce CRM platforms are marketing automation platforms that enable you to understand your customers on a deeper level. You can hold millions of records and see exactly what your customers are up to and connect with them across your sales and marketing channels with personalized messages, creating more meaningful connections.
The more places your business shows up to deliver meaningful messages to your customers, the more you’ll be able to differentiate yourself from the competition that is banking on their low process. An excellent experience will outsell a bad, cheap experience, and an e-commerce CRM can help you make these great experiences a reality.
How to Make a Successful E-commerce CRM Strategy
One of the most effective and essential e-commerce CRM strategies is connecting with your customers on a more personalized and meaningful level. But what about effective multi-channel communication? Your most powerful and effective e-commerce CRM strategy is a combination of social media, optimizing your e-commerce website, and focusing on your email campaigns.
CRM platforms allow you to collect, organize, and use customer data in useful ways. With a better understanding of what you’re customers are doing, you have more opportunities to tailor your marketing campaign around your different customers.
Here are a few ways e-commerce CRM strategies can make your marketing campaigns even better:
- Welcome coupons. Shoppers love coupons, and nothing says a friendly “welcome” to a potential customer more than a code that leads to a discounted product.
Grow your email list by giving out coupons in exchange for emails. Not only will you be encouraging potential customers to buy things, but you’ll also be able to promote new products and send exclusive offers to these people in the future.
An effective e-commerce CRM strategy allows you to track who capitalizes on these coupons and who does not. This way, you can figure out your prime audience for future coupons.
- Abandoned carts. Did you know that about 70% of online shoppers who add items to their carts don’t actually follow through with the purchase? While that might seem discouraging, there is something you can do to help: cart abandonment emails. These emails can convince upwards of 10% of cart abandoners to take that final step and complete their purchase.
E-commerce CRM strategies are your best solution for reaching your customers at critical moments in their customer journey. These people are so close to the finish line, and now is not the time to be silent. Have cart abandonment emails sent to these customers and help nudge them into making that purchase.
- Personalized recommendations. After a customer has completed a purchase, its crucial to stay engaged with them in order to build trust in your brand. Adding product recommendations in your emails can promote revenue growth and help customers decide which of your products they’d like to buy next.
These recommendations are based on the customer’s product views, cart events, and past purchases, so they’ll always be positive and on point.
Customer Profiles & Timelines
E-commerce CRMs collect a bunch of information about your customers, and when you combine that data with your strategies, you have the power to utilize that customer information for personalized marketing automation that can reach customers no matter the time or place.
Your customer base is numerous and diverse, so you’re going to want to know everything about them. Customer timelines can let you see details such as:
- In progress and completed workflows,
- Individual tags,
- Emails that have been received and opened,
- How long it takes them to make a purchase after signing up,
- Ads they’ve clicked on.
Customer timelines build a profile that helps you understand when and how people are engaging with your business. You can examine this information to find the differences between your most engaged customers and customers you want to be more engaged, making adjustments to your marketing strategies accordingly.
Once you start to see when and where customers are engaging with your brand, you can use that data to strengthen your strategies and figure out:
- The ideal number of emails for your audience,
- When to send welcome, promotional, and abandoned cart email campaigns,
- Which marketing channels are getting the most revenue,
- Which channels are impacted by social media and emails the most.
No matter what your business’s goals are, from selling fishing rods to wedding dresses, or gaining a certain number of loyal customers each month, e-commerce CRM strategies can help you achieve these goals. We want to help your business grow and be successful, so when working with us at AnoLogix, we’ll make sure you have everything you need on the backend of your website to understand and connect with your customer base.
Let's bring the spotlight to your business today.
From brainstorming to implementation, AnoLogix has successfully designed, created, developed and implemented websites for people and businesses since 2000.
With AnoLogix your business can skyrocket. Do you want to learn how we can help?