Best SEO Tools to Help You Rank Higher on Search Engines
Search engine optimization is one of the most crucial parts of any digital marketing campaign. As a marketer, you’ll always want that top result spot on Google. Even better than that, though, is somebody telling you how to get that top spot.
In our article, we’ll go over some of the best SEO tools that can help you claim that #1 spot and make sure your SEO is always working.
Ahrefs is an SEO tool that audits your website’s preexisting content, and lets you know what needs to be optimized. This tool will also look at your competitor’s SEO rankings for keywords, which allows you to see where you can improve and where you rank higher than them.
- Look at other websites for backlink profiles and organic search traffic
- Search for the most popular content by topic
- Get Google SERPS and SEO metrics
- Audit your website
- Search for keywords and analyze traffic and rankings
- Chart your performance
- Set up notifications for new and lost keywords, backlinks, and web mentions
Google’s Mobile Friendly Test is a free to use tool that allows you to see what a user’s experience is like when visiting your website on their phone. All you have to do is put your website’s URL into the search bar, and Google will let you know whether or not your page is mobile-friendly, and if there are any page loading issues.
This backlink cleanup tool allows you to clean up bad backlinks that you don’t want at scale. A bad backlink is any link that makes Google give you a warning for unnatural links, spammy links, or a link which has given you a manual penalty. All of these bad backlinks hurt your SEO ranking.
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider allows you to crawl URLs, CSS, scripts, apps, and images. It will then give you a report to analyze and audit your technical and onsite SEO.
Features (some of the following features are only available with the paid version):
- Find broken links and server errors
- Find permanent and temporary redirects, identify redirect chains, and upload lists of URLs to audit
- Analyze meta descriptions and page titles
- Find duplicate content such as page titles, headings, and descriptions
- Find low content pages
- Collect data such as prices, SKUs, additional headings, and social meta tags with XPath
- Review robots and directives
- General XML Sitemaps and Image XML Sitemaps
- Connect to Google Analytics
- Evaluate URL structure and internal linking
This free SEO tool is great for reviewing and optimizing your website for a better ranking. Seobility will give you a task list with SEO improvements you need to make, such as making meta titles shorter, page quality, and if you need to add missing social sharing widgets.
More features include:
- Gives suggestions for mobile optimization
- Lets you know what images are missing an ALT attribution
- Counts internal and external page links
- Tells you which blog articles have a high header-to-word ratio
This analytics tool is a WordPress SEO plugin that will show you all of your important SEO data. You can see what pages are missing meta titles and meta descriptions or are showing 404 errors. SEOPressor also lets you know when your blog posts aren’t optimized, don’t have a schema markup, or don’t have keyword emphasis.
- Gain instant feedback and optimization suggestions
- Prevent over-optimization
- Receive alerts about what is hurting your website
- Improve search relevancy without having to deal with code
- Customize crawler pathing for better indexation control
- Build, manage, and fix your internal link structure.
- Multiple keyword analysis
This SEO analytics app first analyzes topics, rankings, and keywords, then creates a report for you. SEOmonitor also has a team communication feature which allows you to keep all your SEO tasks and conversations in one place.
- Find competitive keywords for your industry
- Create portfolios for keywords
- Takes into account search volume, seasonality, and rank changes
- Analyzes the changes in your SEO ranking over time
This SEO tool allows you to see what your meta descriptions and HTML titles look like on Google search results. Slerpee is great for marketers that are publishing blogs and want to ensure their headers and meta descriptions look good on search results.
- Save drafts (anonymously or to your account)
- Share drafts with clients and colleagues
- See a Google SERP preview in real-time
- Research on-page keywords and density for any public website URL
Tend creates a list of all the actions visitors have taken on and off your website. This SEO tool aims to understand your customers’ triggers and habits, so you can turn prospective visitors into paying customers.
- Figure out who your website visitors are and how they reached your website
- Group people by what they’ve done
- Find out what visitors are doing on your website
- Measure the impact of marketing efforts over time
WP Super Cache is a WordPress plugin that creates HTML files without WordPress PHP scripts. The files are saved temporarily on the visitor’s hard drive so that when they visit your website again, they’re able to access the webpage faster. This tool also allows you to create a collection of files that don’t need to be cached.
YTCockpit is a tool designed specifically for YouTube SEO. This tool allows you to research keywords to find niches and track rankings. YTCockpit involves a three-step process:
- Search for keywords on YouTube
- Find the best keyword ideas for your niche
- Drive traffic to your website from your YouTube videos
YTCockpit will track your ranking to see how you compare to your competition.
Search engine optimization is one of the most crucial marketing strategies that you should focus on. With the tools listed in this article, you can audit and optimize your website, allowing you to take that #1 spot on Google search results! If you don’t know where to get started, reach out to us at AnoLogix, and we’ll help make sure you’re using the right tools to make your business grow.
Let's bring the spotlight to your business today.
From brainstorming to implementation, AnoLogix has successfully designed, created, developed and implemented websites for people and businesses since 2000.
With AnoLogix your business can skyrocket. Do you want to learn how we can help?