Investing in a Custom Website vs. Pre-Built WordPress Theme
Whether you’re looking to redesign your current website or are deciding to invest in a website for your business for the first time – we will work with you to build it from the ground up, so you have a unique website that represents your brand in the best way possible. There are so many benefits to using custom website design, but to understand what those are, you need to understand the differences between custom design and pre-built templates.
Pre-Built WordPress Themes
This is the most common way businesses start their websites because they’re pretty quick and easy to get up and running. However, these themes do come with their limitations when it comes to customization, complex features, and e-commerce functions. While these themes are cheaper and come with lots of features, they may come with too many that end up weighing down your website.
- Pre-built WordPress themes are cheaper, but there will be limits to what you can do to edit them.
- Pre-built WordPress themes are a lot faster to set up since the amount of planning that goes into setting up the pages and elements is
- When you get a pre-built WordPress theme, you’re also getting a lot of unnecessary code as well. Theme authors are trying to meet the needs of as many people as possible, but that may leave you with lots of unneeded code and features. This can ultimately impact your site in negative ways such as slow page speed and security vulnerabilities.
- Not all pre-built WordPress themes are optimized for all devices.
- You’ll have to be careful when searching for a pre-built template as some of them are not developed to be search engine friendly. These themes will have to be customized.
- Pre-built WordPress themes generally don’t have as good of a support system as a custom-built site. If your theme has conflicts with a plugin, the theme developer might not be as responsive as you hope. If you do end up wanting a pre-built theme, make sure you choose one with good support to
avoid issues later on.
- If you get a pre-built theme and later decide that you want to change a bunch of framework and features, it can become a huge hurdle that would have been easier to do if you had started from scratch.
- Pre-built themes make it easy to update content and add additional pages over time, but extra features could be potentially confusing.
- Anyone can use any pre-built WordPress theme, which may mean other businesses are using the theme you are using.
Custom Website Design
When you’re looking for something specific and highly adaptable, you’ll want to find a development team to build a custom website for you. AnoLogix will sit down with you and understand what your business is all about so that we know what audience to target, how you want your website set up, and how you want to showcase your brand. With a custom website, we can optimize it’s SEO during development so that it ranks higher in Google searches and gets you results.
- Custom website design is an investment. It is more expensive than a pre-built WordPress theme because a lot more goes into building and customizing an entire website.
- Building a custom website takes a lot longer to plan, design, and launch. We want to make sure your website has everything your business needs and represents your brand accurately and beautifully.
- When building a custom designed website, your developer will work with you to determine what features, framework, and plugins you need. Our team will make sure you have everything necessary to run your business without any extra clutter and code.
- When you invest in a custom designed website, you’re investing in a site that can be easily viewed on any device. With mobile searches becoming more popular every day, it’s essential to make sure your website is optimized for phones and tablets, as well as the desktop.
- A custom designed website will be optimized for search engines during development.
- When you invest in a custom-built site, you will have the development team who built your site there for support. Our team will always be there to promptly answer questions or concerns and will work to resolve any conflicts you may come across or make changes and updates for you.
- Building a website from the ground up gives the web designer a “blank slate” to work with. Front-end code is built and integrated with a content management system that allows you to update your own site.
- Updating the content in a custom website tends to be a lot more straightforward and intuitive because there are fewer features and less clutter to deal with.
- Every business is different, and your website should be built in a way that showcases your unique brand. Your website will have everything you need, and nothing you don’t.
As you can see, there are pros and cons to both pre-built WordPress templates and custom websites. Pre-built themes will be cheaper and can be done faster, but a custom website will be an overall better product in the long term if you’re willing to invest in it. With a custom website, your online presence will skyrocket, and you will surely find a great return on investment. With a custom designed site, we can showcase your brand beautifully and provide you will all of the tools you need to run your online business as easily and efficiently as possible without all the extra unnecessary addons that negatively impact your site’s performance.
Get a Custom Website Designed Just for You.
From brainstorming to implementation, AnoLogix has successfully designed, created, developed and implemented websites for people and businesses since 2000.
With AnoLogix your business can skyrocket. Do you want to learn how we can help?